What is an Amora Scent Hub? Frequently Asked Questions...Here are a few of the FAQ's relating to the Amora Scent Hubs made by Ashleigh & Burwood. If you have any other questions that are not answered here please do not hesitate to contact us.
Q1. How do the Amora Scent Hubs work?
Amora Scent Hubs utilise ultrasonic technology... A small ceramic disk at the base of the water reservoir vibrates at a super high frequency, and these vibrations cause water and essential oils to break down into micro-fine particles which rise into the air as a cooling mist, without any heat. The Scent Hub also has an ionising effect.
Q2. How do I operate an Amora Scent Hub?
1. Remove the cover/s
2. Pour water (we recommend distilled or demineralised water) into the chamber
3. Add a few drops of Amora essential oil or fragrance oil to the water
4. Replace the cover/s
5. Plug into the mains socket
6. Press the power button
7. Operate light/sound controls with buttons on unit/remote control as desired
Please note: Full operating instructions for your specific model, provided in the box, should be read prior to use.
Q3. The plug is in two parts, how do I use it?
Amora Scent Hubs come with a UK and EU compatible plug. Here is how you attach the UK connector...
Q4. What are the benefits of an Amora Scent Hub?
The Amora Scent Hub is a safe, stylish, highly effective and convenient method of fragrancing the air in your home. The power of ultrasonic technology is harnessed to bring you an array of benefits...
Aromatherapy utilises the therapeutic power of natural essential oils, with the purpose of altering mood. Unlike some other oils on the market, Amora essential oils are 100% natural and pure, the ideal accompaniment to the Scent Hubs to bring you the full benefit and well being of true essential oils.
Amora Scent Hubs generate negative ions, releasing these into the air to collide with airborne particles such as smoke or dust particles, giving them a charge. Once charged, these particles are attracted to other particles, which group together eventually becoming heavy enough to fall to the ground, thereby removing them from the air in your home.
The fine mist emitted from Amora Scent Hubs has a humidifying effect, increasing moisture levels in the air. This can be useful to help combat the negative drying effects we experience from centrally heated homes.
Ease into a state of blissful relaxation as the softly illuminating mood lighting takes effect. Lighting features in the range include colour changing and fixed light options, and brightness control (varies by model).
Convenience & Safety
At the touch of a button, fragrance, light and music (some models) can be controlled to create your desired ambience in moments.
Amora Scent Hubs are energy efficient as they have low power consumption, with built in safety features that shut the Scent Hub off automatically when the optimum period for safe, effective, use is met.
Q5. Why Use Essential Oils?
Essential oils are harnessed for both cosmetic and medicinal purposes, their natural oils having been extracted from flowers, leaves, stems and other botanic sources. This is a natural, ancient process form which the aromatic properties of perfumery are derived.
Another common usage is in aromatherapy, the practice of using essential oils to promote health and well-being. A form of alternative medicine, it has developed over centuries of trial and discovery. It is now a widely practiced and holistic therapy, encompassing the whole body, mind and spirit. The inhaled aroma from these essential oils is widely believed to stimulate brain function. Aromatherapy is used for a variety of applications including pain relief, mood enhancement and increased cognitive function.
Q6. How much essential oil do I use?
Place 3 to 5 drops into distilled or demineralised water in accordance with the scent hub directions.
Q7. How should I store the essential oils?
Always store essential oils in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight. Use within 12 months of opening.
Q8. Are essential oils safe?
Essential oils are safe to use in the Amora Scent Hubs, but because of their concentration, care should always be taken when using pure essential oils. Essential oils should be diluted in water in the Scent Hubs. Amora Essential Oils are not recommended for topical or internal use. Avoid skin contact with undiluted essential oils.
For most other aromatherapy applications, and particularly where oils will come into contact with the skin, essential oils must be diluted in a suitable carrier oil. Aromatherapy safety guidelines should always be followed. Use of essential oils for the very young, elderly and for women who are pregnant or breast feeding should not be undertaken without first seeking medical advice.
Q9. How do I clean the Scent Hub?
The device must be cleaned after each use. Before cleaning, disconnect the power cord from the unit, remove the upper part of the device, and carefully pour out any remaining liquid ensuring that you pour at the opposite side to the Air Outlet (see 'get to know your scent hub guide' in your box to recognise this).
Use the brush supplied, or a soft cloth to carefully clean the inside of the reservoir, especially around the ceramic disc. Do not use any cleaning agents.
Keep the unit empty, clean and dry when not in use
- Always unplug the unit from the mains power supply when not in use.
- Never move the unit whilst in use, or with the power cord connected.
- Use the device only with the power adapter supplied.
- Never operate the device without the upper part in place, and never attempt to touch inside the device during operation.
- Keep device and adapter out of reach of children and pets at all times. Please be aware that during operation, the light and mist is likely to be attractive to young children, so adult supervision is required.
- The device should not be used by children.
- Do not operate the diffuser near sources of heat or open flame.
- Ensure the device has adequate ventilation at all times. Never cover or wrap either the power adapter or device itself with cloth or paper, as this could create a fire risk.
- Do not attempt to open, modify or disassemble the device in any way. Should the unit need repair, please return it to your local dealer for assistance.
- If you notice anything unusual or abnormal during operation of the device, such as peculiar noise, smells or smoke, stop using the unit immediately. Switch off the power supply at the wall socket, disconnect the cord from the device and contact the manufacturer.